Scholarships for Biology Majors
The two departments that coordinate the interdepartmental Biology Program have several scholarships available for students within the major.
How to Apply
The open cycle for these Biology scholarships is between October 1st and March 1st before the Fall/Spring award year. Scholarship applications have recently moved to the new OneApp system, available at https://www.financialaid.iastate.edu/scholarships/.
All scholarships are $1,000 awards for a Fall/Spring academic year and require a 3.0 or higher GPA at Iowa State University. Each scholarship may come with additional eligibility requirements. To learn more about each scholarship and these requirements, click the scholarship name below.
- Charles Drewes Memorial Scholarship
- Diane Marie Heimbuch Scholarship
- Darlene and Melvin Larsen Scholarship
- Dr. David W. Staniforth Legacy Scholarship
- Dr. John R. Ohlfest Memorial Scholarship
- Irving W. and Kate A. Knobloch Scholarship
- Mary Kate Phillips Scholarship
- Sophomore Success Scholarship
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Iowa State provides a number of other resources for students looking for scholarships. The most comprehensive is from the Office of Financial Aid, but students may also check their College for additional opportunities, including financing for study abroad: