Dr. John R. Ohlfest Memorial Scholarship
The Dr. John R. Ohlfest Memorial Scholarship is open to undergraduate students enrolled in the Biology Program or Genetics Program at Iowa State University. Three awards are given each year, and students may renew this scholarship provided they continue to meet the criteria. Preference is given to students from Lawton, Iowa.
- $475 for each of the Fall and Spring semesters ($950 combined); students must have both semesters remaining at Iowa State in order to receive the full $950 award
- File a FAFSA by December 1st and demonstrated financial need
- 2.8 or higher GPA at Iowa State University and good academic standing
- Classified as a Junior
- Undergraduate student majoring in Biology or Genetics
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Preference is given to students from Lawton, Iowa
How to Apply
The open cycle for this Biology scholarship is between October 1st and February 1st before the Fall/Spring award year. Scholarship applications have recently moved to the new OneApp system, available at https://www.financialaid.iastate.edu/scholarships/.