The Diane Marie Heimbuch Scholarship is open to sophomore undergraduate students enrolled in the Biology Program, Genetics Program, or Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Program at Iowa State University. Two awards are given each year, and students may renew this scholarship provided they continue to meet the criteria. A student may not receive the award for more than three years. Preference is given to students with an interest in zoology or animal biology.
- $500 for each of the Fall and Spring semesters ($1,000 combined); students must have both semesters remaining at Iowa State in order to receive the full $1,000 award
- 3.0 or higher GPA at Iowa State University and good academic standing
- Attending Iowa State University full time
- Sophomore or above undergraduate student majoring in Biology, Genetics, or Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Resident of the State of Iowa
- Preference is given to students interested in animal biology or zoology
How to Apply
The open cycle for this Biology scholarship is between October 1st and February 1st before the Fall/Spring award year. Scholarship applications have recently moved to the new OneApp system, available at https://www.financialaid.iastate.edu/scholarships/.