The Darlene and Melvin Larsen Scholarship is open to undergraduate students enrolled in the Biology Program, Genetics Program, or Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Program at Iowa State University. Three awards are given each year, and students may renew this scholarship provided they continue to meet the criteria. Preference is given to students with an interest in genetics, developmental biology, or cell biology.
- $500 for each of the Fall and Spring semesters ($1,000 combined); students must have both semesters remaining at Iowa State in order to receive the full $1,000 award
- File a FAFSA by December 1st
- 3.0 or higher GPA at Iowa State University and good academic standing
- Attending Iowa State University full time
- Undergraduate student majoring in Biology, Genetics, or Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Preference is given to students who demonstrate leadership skills, financial need, and interest in genetics, developmental biology, or cell biology
How to Apply
The open cycle for this Biology scholarship is between October 1st and February 1st before the Fall/Spring award year. Scholarship applications have recently moved to the new OneApp system, available at https://www.financialaid.iastate.edu/scholarships/.